Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Why Not Me?

Today's her birthday -
That girl loved by all.
She got everything she wanted
Made a couple more hearts fall..

And I sit in the corner
Waiting to feel
How it is to feel so special -
Would I be more real?

That girl who's got the perfect life -
She waves as she passes me by.
It must be wonderful to feel
That you'll always receive a smile.

But I pass her by, too
And I'm taken by surprise:
The girl everyone knows
Can look me in the eye.

Her eyes are wide and cheerful
While mine are soft and shy.
Her eyes are meant to be beautiful
While mine are meant to cry.

Today is no longer her birthday
But hardly anything changed.
Her skies were clear as heaven
While mine were shadowed by rain.

It must be wonderful to feel
As if the stars would conspire for you.
It must be great to feel
As if you own that pairless glass shoe.

She has a hand to hold, that beautiful girl -
She claims someone's heart.
She, whose life is larger than mine
She, whose features are a work of art.

They pass me by, and again she waves
The girl that everyone sees.
Everyone - even you, as you hold her hand
And that's why you'll never belong to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home